A biblical understanding of conversion recognizes both what God does and what people do in salvation. In conversion, God
- gives life to the dead (Eph. 2:5)
- gives sight to the blind (2 Cor. 4:3-6)
- and gives the gifts of faith and repentance (Phil. 1:29; Acts 11:18).
And in conversion, people
- repent of sin (Mk. 1:15; Acts 3:19)
- and believe in Jesus (Jn. 3:16; Rom. 3:21-26).
A biblical understanding of conversion recognizes that only God can save, and that he saves individuals by enabling them to respond to the gospel message through repenting of sin and trusting in Christ.